Friday, April 12, 2013

A day in the life...

Today was not what you'd call the typical day in the life of a "normal" person. But as you may have guessed already, I am FAR from normal. Waking up to see what I was hoping to be a bright sunny shining day. Nada. Dark, damp, dreary, dismal rain. whoop-dee-doo. Well these thoughts didn't occur to me at the time. For I was preparing to go to school. Which I go to once a week. Maybe I'll explain that later. This is not usually a joyous occasion. I may make it look easy, but trust me, it is anything a but a "joy". Though today was not as bad. I was determined to block out these negative thoughts. I gave my worries to God. I made my way down the stairs. Strutting a purple fitted blouse with gold threads, black skinny jeans, and my 5 inch nine west heels. I felt on top of the world. My hair today was pretty much a big fat mess. Now I may not be the hair queen, but usually my hair has a nice volume and fluff to it. Today it was a frizzy uncontrollable flop. Did I try to fix this? No. I had breakfast, and a smoothie. Finally it was time to go, I flopped my heavy backpack over my should (of course wearing flats in the rain while I carry this bundle to the car.) I return to the house, slip on my heels, and strut to the car. As we drive I breath deeply, scanning the premises intermittently, who knows why. I am longing to be home reading my book, that I had been lost in the previous day. But no, I was in the car, journeying the 15 minute trip to school. I arrive at school, make it through my first 3 classes, with surprising enthusiasm. Finally lunch comes, and I am informed that I will be reading my short story first. Let me explain, in my class we all had to write a short story, we had 13 weeks to do so, it must be a minimum of 5 pages and a maximum of 10 pages. I wrote a murder mystery. I was on the edge of my seat as I ate my lunch. I was so excited to read it for everyone, I'm not quite sure why...? It went surprisingly well. It is a bit of a relief I suppose to have gotten it over with, but at the same time, it's like that moment of glory, you're jittery and nervous the whole time before then when its over, you bask in the glory, and then later, you want to do it over, to have that moment of suspense, all eyes on you. The rest of the day was less than cordial, but I made it home all in one piece, not emotional break down today. It's a step. I must hold strong to this word: Emmanuel- If our God is for us, who can stand against. What can mere man do to me? Have a marvelous night, rest in knowing Christ. My rock My fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment